Carlos Perez de los Heros
I am a Professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy. My main research interests lie within Particle Physics and Particle Astrophysics. I am a member of the IceCube collaboration, an international group of researches operating the largest neutrino telescope in the world.
I am interested in the search for physics beyond the Standad Model with IceCube, including dark matter and new particle searches and tests of fundamental physical laws with neutrinos.
- Born in A Coruña, Galicia, Spain. 1964
- Professor, Uppsala University, November 2022
- Associate Professor, Uppsala University, January 2006
- Docent in High Energy Physics. Uppsala University, October 2002
- Swedish Research Council senior researcher, January 2000
- Uppsala University postdoc, February 1999
- Marie Curie EU postdoctoral fellow, February 1997
- PhD. in Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, January 1996
- Resident astrophysicist, Astrophysics Institute, Canary Islands, 1989
- MSc. in Physics, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, September 1987
- Undergraduate studies at the University of Santiago de Compostela, 1982-85
I am interested in the search for physics beyond the Standard Model with IceCube, including dark matter and new particle searches and tests of fundamental physical laws with neutrinos. I am the co-lead of the Beyond the Standard Model working group of the IceCube collaboration. I am also the Swedish contact and member of the management committee of the COST action "Quantum gravity phenomenology in the multi-messenger approach", where I am also the co-lead of the Neutrino Working Group.
Below are listed a few chosen publications directly related to my research. The full list can be found further down in this page:
- Quantum gravity phenomenology at the dawn of the multi-messenger era—A review (arxiv:2111.05659)
- Search for Relativistic Magnetic Monopoles with Eight Years of IceCube Data (arxiv:2109.13719)
- Probing Particle Physics with IceCube (arxiv:1806.05696)
- Status, Challenges and Directions in Indirect Dark Matter Searches (arxiv:2008.11561)
- Limits on Kaluza–Klein dark matter annihilation in the Sun from recent IceCube results (arxiv:1912.04585)
- Status of direct and indirect dark matter searches (arxiv:2001.06193)
I am also the editor of the book Probing Particle Physics with Neutrino Telescopes edited by World Scientific.
More information under my personal site
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.