Professor at Department of Literature
- +4618-471 2961
- Visiting address:
- Engelska parken, Thunbergsvägen 3 P
- Postal address:
- Box 632
751 26 UPPSALA
Anna Williams is Professor at the Department of Literature since 2004. Her research interests comprise Swedish literature of the 1920s and 1930s, working class literature, literature and gender, and biography. Among writers studied are Agnes von Krusenstjerna, Ivar Lo-Johansson, Moa Martinson and Vilhelm Moberg. Her teaching interests are literature and modernity, sociology of literature, women writers and working class literature. She was Professor II at the Institute for linguistic, literary and aesthetic studies at University of Bergen, Norway, 2008–2011; post-doctoral fellow at University of Gothenburg, 1998–2000; postdoctoral scholarship at University of California, Berkeley, 1997/98. Vice chair of Vilhelm Moberg-Sällskapet 2005–2017. Member of Kungl. Gustav Adolfs Akademien för svensk folkkultur. Member of Samfundet De Nio since 2015.
- Member of the network for Scandinavian working class literature.
- Research on Motherhood within the network EU TWINNING MotherNet.
Work in Progress
- Lotten von Kraemer. A biography
- To Be or Not to Be: Contested Motherhood in Contemporary Autobiographcical Writing (with Margaretha Fahlgren; article)
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.