This paragraph is not available in English, therefore the Swedish version is shown.
More about me on ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stefan-Bengtsson
Keywords: learning education sustainable development esdeve007
Dark Pedagogy Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/39lfOPicYvGzvHWUaFr1rI
Stefan Bengtsson (associate professor) is a senior lecturer of didactics at the department of education (Uppsala University) and his research is focusing on issues of sustainability in education, didactics (curriculum theory), comparative education, and analysis of teaching and instruction. During the period 2015-2018 he has been national coordinator for ESD in Sweden and is currently deputy link convenor for the Environmental and Sustainability Education network of the European Education Research Association. In parallel to his academic work, he has been providing technical assistance to international efforts to address sustainability and gender issues in education, in particular in the East and South-East Asian context.
My work is focused on understanding the conditions of possibility of change in and through education and learning. In efforts to give meaning to these conditions, I have been drawing on critical curriculum studies (Englund, Popkewitz), political theory (Laclau), and especially continental philosophy (Derrida, Foucault). In my latest work, I focus on reconceiving the conditions of learning and education in the context of the Anthropocene, aiming to translate the realist ontology of Object-oriented Ontology (Harman, Morton) into an educational context. My analytical work is focused on a qualitative analysis of educational processes as well as education policy. In particular, I have worked with post-foundational comparative education research policy analysis.
I currently actively involved in the following research projects:
- The Monitoring and Evaluating Climate Communication and Education Project 2019- (MECCE): https://mecce.ca/
- Science Education for Action and Engagement toward Sustainability 2019- (SEAS): https://www.seas.uio.no/
- Towards Climate Friendly Vacation Practices 2021 - (CliFVac): https://projects.au.dk/clifvac/
- Sedvänjor i undervisning om kontroversiella hållbarhetsfrågor 2018- (VR): https://www.facebook.com/edukontrovers
- Open schooling for sustainable cities and communities 2018 - (FORMAS)
Past research projects:
- The t-learning transformative knowledge network 2016-2019 (Social Science Council): https://transgressivelearning.org/
- Mapping Education for Sustainability in the Nordic Countries 2018-2019 (MESIN): https://pub.norden.org/temanord2021-511/#
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.