Georgios Dimitroglou Rizell
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor at Department of Mathematics, Geometri and Physics
My research area is symplectic and contact topology and my goal is to understand and classify Lagrangian and Legendrian submanifolds. My main methods are pseudoholomorphic curves, pseudoholomorphic foliations, Symplectic Field Theory, and Floer theory. I have a Wallenberg Academy Fellowship supported by the Knut & Alice Wallenberg Foundation that was granted in 2016 and then prolonged in 2022. I am head of the Mathematics Department since 2020.
Keywords: symplectic geometry and topology contact geometry and topology lagrangian submanifolds legendrian submanifolds floer homology pseudoholomorphic curves symplectic field theory
Here you can find some selected slides from seminars and teaching related to my research.
- 2021 – : Associate professor in mathematics, Uppsala University.
- 2022 – 2027: Appointed as Wallenberg Academy Fellows (prolongation) (KAW 2021.0191).
- 2022 – 2023: Appointed as Wallenberg Scholar (KAW 2021.0300).
- 2017 – 2021: Appoined as Wallenberg Academy Fellow (KAW 2016.0198).
- 2017 – 2021: Assistant professor in mathematics, Uppsala University.
- 2015 – 2017: Researcher at Uppsala University with a fellowship from the Knut & Alice Wallenberg Foundation.
- 2014 – 2015: Post doc. at University of Cambridge with a fellowship from the Knut & Alice Wallenberg Foundation hosted by Ivan Smith.
- 2013 – 2014: Post doc. at Université Paris-Sud hosted by Frédéric Bourgeois.
- 2012 – 2013: Post doc. at Université Libre de Bruxelles hosted by Frédéric Bourgeois.
- 2007 – 2012: Ph.D. studies at Uppsala University under the supervision of Tobias Ekholm. Thesis was defended on 13 September 2012.
I am working in the research theme of Geometry and Physics at Uppsala University. Follow the link to find our seminars, thesis, degree projects, and other activities.
- C0-limits of Legendrian knots and contact non-squeezing, with M. G. Sullvan.
- The persistence of a relative Rabinowitz-Floer complex, with M. G. Sullvan.
- Symplectic Rigidity of Fibers in Cotangent Bundles of Riemann Surfaces, with L. Côté.
To appear in Math. Ann. (Available online)
- Geometric generation of the wrapped Fukaya category of Weinstein manifolds and sectors, with B. Chantraine, P. Ghiggini, & R. Golovko.
To appear in Ann. Sci. Éc. Norm. Supér.
- Legendrian submanifolds from Bohr–Sommerfeld covers of monotone Lagrangian tori, with R. Golovko
To appear in Comm. Anal. Geom.
- Refined disk potentials for immersed Lagrangian surfaces, with T. Ekholm and D. Tonkonog
To appear in J. Differ. Geom.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.