Visiting researcher at Department of Medical Cell Biology, Research Group Peter Bergsten
- Visiting address:
751 23 Uppsala
- Postal address:
- Box 571
751 23 UPPSALA
In Sweden : Visiting Researcher in Uppsala University, Department of Medical Cell Biology
In Iraq: My job, as a senior lecturer in Physiological and Hematological sciences (specializing in Physiology) at the Salahaddin University -Erbil-Iraq, can be subdivided into three areas: teaching, administration, and research.
In addition to supervising up to four project students in my lab, I am expected to stand up in front of students and teach for more than 300 hours each year. For Salahaddin University, that is considered to be a light teaching load! I teach for up to 14 hours a week during term-time.
Although these sounds a lot but in fact interacting with students can be fun. I have certainly learnt a lot of Physiology, hematology and endocrinology, and I've been forced to lift my horizons from molecules, cells, tissue and organs to take in the bigger picture. I am a more confident physiologist, and the process has reinforced why I think particular research areas are important.
Everyone has to do it. I have to administer animal house in college of science, University of Salahaddin. Also, I am a member of advance animal physiology laboratory which including many instruments; isolated tissue bath panlab, invasive and non-invasive blood pressure, hematology analyser, flamephotometer….etc
I am director of Tissue culture and cell biology Lab in Salahddin University Research Centre. Also, I direct an NGO organization with name (Kurdistan Organization for Scientific research).
Academic life is about committees, and I am on a few but I prefer to play an active role and influence my peers, rather than moan passively in a corner about how terrible everything is. I sit on the University Animal Council and Care Committee (which approves and monitors animal right) and am part of the Quality Review journal ( Zanco Journal for Applied Science, Journal of Zakho…etc).
Well, this is the real reason that I am here. I have always been interested in science and have been completely selfish in following my particular interests. I blame my dad. He used to encourage us to do research when we were kids, and he exposed me to New Scientist at an early age. I had actually realized my career ambitions when I was let loose 'to play' in a lab during my PhD. There is a lot of satisfaction in an elegant experiment or a fascinating biological process.
I am expected to do research, and am 'measured' by the amount of grant income I generate and the number of papers I publish. I was appointed, in September 2000, as MSc student till now on the basis of my publications and grant income after a doctoral career of nearly four years. During this time I published 38 papers and pulled in 100,000 worth of grant funding.
In the last 5 years, Me and my colleague have established a lab and started a small group (researcher and one MSc student).
Now I am Busy with working new research, scientific writing and supervising three Phd students and one MSc student. Furthermore, one Phd and 2 Msc student have completed their project under my supervision.
Mudhir S. Shekha
- Govand Qader . Mukhlis Aali. Shukur W Smail. Kazhan Mahmood. Bestoon Hasan. Karwan M-Amen. Dlzar Bayz Rahman. Fikry A Qadir. Dara K Mohammad. Hastyar H Najmuldeen. Fryad Majeed Rahman. Seepal Ibrahim Ahmad. Nergz S Salih. Zainab M Khdhr. Bushra A Mohammed. Asuda M Majeed. Xanda M Hasan. Bushra H Khidhir. Eman S Muhammad. Bahar A Muhamadsalih. Simav K. Hasan. Aram J Hamad . Zahra K Esmail. Chra M Ismael. Shan M Husaen. Chiavan A Abdulla. Bashdar M Hussen. Zjwan Housein. Mudhir Shekha. Abbas Salihi . 2021. Cardiac, Hepatic and Renal Dysfunction and IL-18 Polymorphism in Breast, Colorectal, and Prostate Cancer Patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. Jan 1;22(1):131-137. doi: 10.31557/APJCP.2021.22.1.131. (Scopus Citescore=0.576).
- Sabah Tahir, S. and Shekha, M. (2021) “Physiological predictions and the role of IL-10 -819 promoter polymorphism in preeclampsia”, Zanco Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, 33(1), pp. 1-10. doi: 10.21271/ZJPAS.33.1.1.
- Pawan Faris, Federica Ferulli, Mauro Vismara, Matteo Tanzi,Sharon Negri,Agnese Rumolo, Kostantinos Lefkimmiatis, Marcello Maestri, Mudhir Shekha, Paolo Pedrazzoli, Gianni Francesco Guidetti, Daniela Montagna and Francesco Moccia. 2020. Hydrogen Sulfide-Evoked Intracellular Ca2+ Signals in Primary Cultures of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Cells. MDPI Cancers . (IF: 6.162)
- Fikry Ali Qadir, Ahmed Othman Pirdawid, Mukhlis Hamad Aali, Shukur Wasman Smail, Zhikal Omar Khudhur, Abdullah Abubaker Shareef, Harem Khdir Awla, Mahdi Khaled Qadir, Mustafa Fahmi Rajab, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Karzan Abdulmuhsin Mohammad, Abbas Burhan Qadir, Muhammad Qumar, Mushtaq Ahmad Gondal. 2020. Association study of Interleukin 10 gene polymorphisms in Iraqi patients with multiple sclerosis. Gene Reports. (Scopus Citescore=0.7).
- Shukur Wasman Smail, Mahdi Khaled Qadir, Mustafa Fahmi Rajab, Iman Idris Ismail, Omer Sardar Taha, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Musarrat Abbas Khan, Muhammad Safdar. 2020. TGF-β1polymorphism is an inflammatory disease specifier in autism spectrum disorders?. Gene Reports. (Scopus Citescore=0.7).
- Govand Qadir, Mukhlis Aali, Karwan M Amen, Kazhan Mahmood, Bestoon Hasan, Mudhir Shekha, 2020. Dara K Mohammad, Hastyar H Najmuldeen, Dler Mahmood, Farhang Awla, Karzan Mohammed, Abbas Salihi. The Status of Cancer Publications in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Journal of Cancer Policy (Scopus Citescore=0.95).
- Majid Sharifi, Anwarul Hasan, Nadir Mustafa Qadir Nanakali, Abbas Salihi, Fikry Ali Qadir, Hawzheen A Muhammad, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Falah Mohammad Aziz, Karwan M Amen, Farrokh Najafi, Hasan Yousefi-Manesh, Mojtaba Falahati. 2020. Combined chemo-magnetic field-photothermal breast cancer therapy based on porous magnetite nanospheres. Scientific Reports. (IF: 3.998)
- Majid Sharifi, Sara Haji Hosseinali, Reza Hossein Alizadeh, Anwarul Hasan, Farnoosh Attar, Abbas Salihi, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Karwan M Amen, Falah Mohammad Aziz, Ali Akbar Saboury, Keivan Akhtari, Akbar Taghizadeh, Nasrin Hooshmand, Mostafa A El-Sayed, Mojtaba Falahati. 2020. Plasmonic and chiroplasmonic nanobiosensors based on gold nanoparticles. Talanta. (IF: 4.916)
- Majid Sharifi, Sara Haji Hosseinali, Pedram Yousefvand, Abbas Salihi, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Falah Mohammad Aziz, Amir JouyaTalaei, Anwarul Hasan, Mojtaba Falahati. 2019. Gold nanozyme: Biosensing and therapeutic activities. Materials Science and Engineering: C (IF: 4.959)
- Mohammad Javad Sohrabi, Ahmad-Reza Dehpour, Farnoosh Attar, Anwarul Hasan, Nahid Mohammad-Sadeghi, Ali Akbar Meratan, Falah Mohammad Aziz, Abbas Salihi, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Keivan Akhtari, Koorosh Shahpasand, Seyed Mohammad Masood Hojjati, Majid Sharifi, Ali Akbar Saboury, Seyed Mahdi Rezayat, Seyyedeh Elaheh Mousavi, Mojtaba Falahati. 2019. Silymarin-albumin nanoplex: preparation and its potential application as an antioxidant in nervous system in vitro and in vivo. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. (IF=4.213)
- Majid Sharifi, Kousar Faryabi, Amir Jouya Talaei, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Mahsa Ale-Ebrahim, Abbas Salihi, Nadir Mustafa Qadir Nanakali, Falah Mohammad Aziz, Behnam Rasti, Anwarul Hasan, Mojtaba Falahati. 2019. Antioxidant properties of gold nanozyme: A review. Journal of Molecular Liquids. Volume 296, 111839. (IF=4.561)
- Seyedeh Zahra Khoshgozaran Roudbaneha, Sepideh Kahbasi,Mohammad Javad Sohrabi, Anwarul Hasan, Abbas Salihi, Amir Mirzaie, Ali Niyazmandh, Nadir Mustafa Qadir Nanakali, Mudhir Sabir Shekha. ,Falah Mohammad Aziz, Gholamreza Vaghar-Lahijani, Aliasghar Bagheri Keshtali, Ehsan Ehsani, Behnam Rasti, Mojtaba Falahati. 2019. Albumin binding, antioxidant and antibacterial effects of cerium oxide nanoparticles. Journal of Molecular Liquids. Volume 296, 111839. (IF=4.561)
- Niusha Abbasi Gamasaee, Hawzheen A Muhammad, Elahe Tadayon, Mahsa Ale-Ebrahim, Mirsasan Mirpour, Majid sharifi, Abbas Salihi, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Asaad A.B. Alasady, Falah Mohammad Aziz, Keivan Akhtari, Anwarul Hasan & Mojtaba Falahati. 2020. The Effects of Nickel Oxide Nanoparticles on Structural Changes, Heme Degradation, Aggregation of Hemoglobin and Expression of Apoptotic Genes in Lymphocyte Cells. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics. Taylor & Francis. P 1-15. (IF=3.310)
- Francesco Moccia, Sharon Negri, Mudhir Shekha, Pawan Faris and Germano Guerra. 2019. Endothelial Ca2+ Signaling, Angiogenesis and Vasculogenesis: Just What It Takes to Make a Blood Vessel. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 20, 3962. (IF=4.331)
- Chnar Najmaddin, Fouad Hussein Kame, Mudhir Sabir Shekha and Falah Mohammad Aziz. 2019. Developed Silver Nitrate Pigment for Plant, Animal Tissue and Bacterial Staining. The Journal of Research on the Lepidoptera Volume 50 (2): 196-202. (Scopus)
- Pawan Faris, Giorgia Pellavio, Federica Ferulli, Francesca Di Nezza, Mudhir Shekha, Dmitry Lim, Marcello Maestri, Germano Guerra, Luigi Ambrosone, Paolo Pedrazzoli, Umberto Laforenza, Daniela Montagna and Francesco Moccia. Nicotinic Acid Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate (NAADP) Induces Intracellular Ca2+ Release through the Two-Pore Channel TPC1 in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Cells. Cancers 2019, 11(4), 542. (IF=6.162)
- Pawan Faris, Mudhir Shekha, Daniela Montagna, Germano Guerra, Francesco Moccia. (2019). Endolysosomal Ca2+ Signalling and Cancer Hallmarks: Two-Pore Channels on the Move, TRPML1 Lags Behind!. Cancers 2019, 11(1), 27; https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers11010027. (IF=6.162)
- Mudhir S. Shekha and Almas M.R. Mahmud. (2017). Protective Effect of Exercise and alpha-tocopherol on atherosclerosis promotion in hypercholesterolemic domestic rabbits. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1888, 020049; 1-10. (Scopus)
- Abbas B. Q. Salihi1, Mudhir S. Shekha, Peshraw S. Hamadamin, Ismail M. Maulood, Khder H. Rasul, Muhammed A. Salim, Fikry A. Qadir, Goran Q. Othman, Almas M. R. Mahmud, and Omar A. M. Al-Habib. (2017). In vivo cardiac electrical activity of nitric oxide in barium chloride treated male rats. AIP Conference Proceedings 1888, 020048.1-8 (Scopus)
- Mudhir S. Shekha, Muhsin J. Abulwahid, Peshraw S.Hamadamin, Trifa F. Ismail, Saman R. Hamad bakir, Laween M. Ibrahim and Lana M. Ahmed. (2017). Curative effects of pomegranate and ginger on hepatic and renal functions of indomethacin-induced peptic ulcers in albino rats. Journal University of Zakho, Vol 5 No 1. 48-52
- Mudhir S. Shekha, Abbas A. Q. Salihi, Ismail M. Moulood, Almas M. R. Mahmud. (2017). Roles of magnesium ion in vascular relaxation via calcium channel and cyclooxygenase pathway in isolated rat aorta. ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, Vol 29, No 3. 55-61.
- Abbas A. Q. Salihi, Mudhir S. Shekha, Ismail M. Moulood, Almas M. R. Mahmud and Omer A. M. Al-Habib. (2016). Nitric Oxide Donor Dilates Aorta in Salt Loaded Rats Via Ativation of Inward Rectifier Potassium Channels. ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences. ZJPAS, 28 (5); 69-77
- Abbas B.Q. Salihi, Mudhir S. Shekha, Omar A.M. Al-Habib. Vasodilatory effects of nitric oxide, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur dioxide in rats: Time-dependent interaction study. Progress in Biological Sciences. Vol. 6, Number 1, Winter / Spring 2016/19-30.
- Farhang Ali Awla, Almas Muhamad Rashid Mahmud, Mudhir Sabir Shekha. 2015. The Role of Endothelium-Derived Relaxing Factor in The Regulation of SNP Induced Vasorelaxation: Sodiumpotassium-Chloride Cotransporter. Journal University of Zakho, Vol. 3(A) , No.2, Pp 164-170.
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Trifa F. Ismail, Falah M. Aziz: (2015) Anti-Urolithiatic and anti-inflamationeffect of Fenugreek in Ethylene Glycol-Induced Kidney Calculi in Rat. Volume 8, Number 2. Jordan Journal of Biological Sciences
- Abbas B.Q. Salihi, Mudhir S. Shekha, Omar A.M. Al-Habib: PP13. Time-dependent interaction between hydrogen sulfide, nitric oxide and sulfur dioxide in the relation of rat aorta. Nitric Oxide 05/2015; 47:S18-S19. DOI:10.1016/j.niox.2015.02.043
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha: (2014) vasorelaxant and antispasmodic effects of some polyphenols and glycoside in rat smooth muscles. Vol. 2(A), No.2, Pp 220-227, Journal of University of Zakho,
- Mudhir S. Shekha, Abbas B. Qadir, Haval H. Ali, Xebat E. Selim: (2014). Effect of Fenugreek ( Trigonella Foenum-Graecum ) on Ethylene Glycol Induced Kidney Stone in Rats. 12/2014; 7(4):257-260. DOI:10.12816/0008248. Volume 7, Number 4. Jordan Journal of Biological Sciences.
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Omar A M Al-Habib. (2013). Relaxant Effects of Rutin on Rat Smooth Muscles. Journal of University of Zakho, Vol.1, (A) No.2, Pp 139-144.
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Abdullah O. Hassan, Safin A. Othman: (2013). Effects Of Quran Listening And Music On Electroencephalogram Brain Waves. 9(1): 1 – 7. Egyptian. Journal. Experimental Biology. (Zool.).
- Mudhir S Shekha, Omar A M Al-Habib: (2011). Vasorelaxant, antispasmodic and Cardiotonic effect of the Chloroform Fraction of Crataegus aronia on isolated rat muscles. International Journal of Biological and Biomedical Sciences. Vo. 1, No. 1, PP. 06-011
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Omer A.M AL-habib: Physiological Effects of Crataegus aronia Fractions on Isolated Smooth Muscles in Albino Rats. P 122-130. Conference Proceeding’s Book, The Third International Conference for Medical Sciences, 24- 26 October 2012
- Omar A. M Al-Habib, Mudhir Sabir Shekha: (2010). Vasorelaxant Effect of Aqueous Extract of Crataegus Azarolus Aronia and Quercetin on Isolated Albino Rat's Thoracic Aorta. Journal of Duhok .Vol. 13, No. 1
- Abbas Burhan Qadir Salihi, Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Shahid Salahaddin Omer: (2010). Effects of Ginkgo Biloba and Α-Tocopherol on CCl4- Induced Liver Fibrosis and Thrombosis in Male Albino Rats. Journal of Duhok Vol. 13, No. 1
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Karzan T. Sabir, Hiwa R. Fatah: (2009). protective influence of vitamin c & piracetam on blood parameters of rats treated with cadmium. Journal of Duhok . Vol. 12, No. 1
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha: (2008). The Effects of Rhubarb Root and Antihyperlipidemic Drug On Some Physiological Parameters In Male Rats. Journalof Duhok . Vol. 11, No. 1
- Mustafa Sabir Al-attar, Mudhir Sabir Shekha: (2006). The Prevalence of Thalassemia in Erbil Province. Zanko Journal Vol. 18, No. 3
- Mudhir Sabir Shekha, Almas Mohammad, Rasheed Mahmood. (2005). The effects of exercise and vitamin E on some haematological values in immature male domestic rabbits. Zanko Journal. Vol. 17, No. 1
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.