My research interests are mainly in discrete mathematics, especially combinatorial probability (random trees, random graphs and other random structures), enumerative and analytic combinatorics, and graph theory.
2000 - 2006 Studies in mathematics at TU Graz, Austria
2007 - 2019 Department of Mathematical Sciences, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
2020 - current Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University
Recent publications and preprints:
- On the minimal Hamming weight of a multi-base representation, Journal of Number Theory 208 (2020), 168-179; with D. Krenn and V. Suppakitpaisarn. Preprint: [pdf]
- Inducibility of d-ary trees, Discrete Mathematics 343/2 (2020), 111671 (15 pages); with E. Czabarka, A. A. V. Dossou-Olory and L. Székely. Preprint: [pdf]
- A central limit theorem for almost local additive tree functionals, Algorithmica 82/3 (2020), 642-679; with D. Ralaivaosaona and M. Šileikis. Preprint: [pdf]
- On the distance spectral radius of trees with given degree sequence; Discussiones Mathematicae Graph Theory 40/2 (2020), 495-524; with K. Dadedzi and V. Razanajatovo Misanantenaina.
- On the number of increasing trees with label repetitions, Discrete Mathematics 343/8 (2020), 111722 (12 pages); with O. Bodini, A. Genitrini and B. Gittenberger. Preprint: [pdf]
- The average size of independent sets of graphs, European Journal of Mathematics 6 (2020), 561-576; with E. O. D. Andriantiana and V. Razanajatovo Misanantenaina. Preprint: [pdf]
- The average size of matchings in graphs, Graphs and Combinatorics 36 (2020), 539-560; with E. O. D. Andriantiana and V. Razanajatovo Misanantenaina. Preprint: [pdf]
- Matchings in graphs with a given number of cuts, Discrete Applied Mathematics 283 (2020), 473-481; with J. Liu and F. Huang. Preprint: [pdf]
- Block statistics in subcritical graph classes, Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Probabilistic, Combinatorial and Asymptotic Methods for the Analysis of Algorithms (AofA 2020); Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics 159, Article 24; with C. Requilé and D. Ralaivaosaona.
- On the probability that a random digraph is acyclic, Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Probabilistic, Combinatorial and Asymptotic Methods for the Analysis of Algorithms (AofA 2020); Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics 159, Article 25; with D. Ralaivaosaona and V. Rasendrahasina.
- On the Collection of Fringe Subtrees in Random Binary Trees, Proceedings of the 14th Latin American Theoretical Informatics Symposium (LATIN 2020), São Paulo, Brazil; Lecture Notes in Computer Science 12118 (2020), 546-558; with L. Seelbach Benkner. Preprint: [pdf]
- The number of distinct adjacent pairs in geometrically distributed words, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science 22/4 (2020), #10 (18 pages); with M. Archibald, A. Blecher, C. Brennan, A. Knopfmacher and M. D. Ward.
- On two subclasses of Motzkin paths and their relation to ternary trees, in Algorithmic Combinatorics - Enumerative Combinatorics, Special Functions and Computer Algebra (V. Pillwein and C. Schneider, eds.), Springer 2020; with H. Prodinger and S. Selkirk. Preprint: [pdf]
- Irrationality of growth constants associated with polynomial recursions, Journal of Integer Sequences 24/1 (2021), article 21.1.6 (9 pages); with V. Ziegler.
- Extremal trees with fixed degree sequence, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 28/1 (2021), P 1.1 (34 pages); with E. O. D. Andriantiana and V. Razanajatovo Misanantenaina.
- On the maximum mean subtree order of trees, European Journal of Combinatorics 97 (2021), 103388 (19 pages); with S. Cambie and H. Wang. Preprint: [pdf]
- Further results on the inducibility of d-ary trees. Australasian Journal of Combinatorics 81 (2021), 1-24; with A. A. V. Dossou-Olory.
- On the probability that a random subtree is spanning. Journal of Graph Theory 98/2 (2021), 195-215. Preprint: [pdf]
- Trees with minimum number of infima closed sets. Discrete Mathematics 345/5 (2022), 112793 (20 pages); with E. O. D. Andriantiana. Preprint: [pdf]
- Limits of subcritical random graphs and random graphs with excluded minors; with A. Georgakopoulos. Preprint: [pdf]
- A polynomial associated with rooted trees and specific posets, to appear in Transactions on Combinatorics; with V. Razanajatovo Misanantenaina. Preprint: [pdf]
- The birth of the strong components; with É. de Panafieu, S. Dovgal, D. Ralaivaosaona and V. Rasendrahasina. Preprint: [pdf]
- Distinct Fringe Subtrees in Random Trees; with L. Seelbach Benkner. Preprint: [pdf]
- Broadcasting induced colourings of random recursive trees and preferential attachment trees; with C. Desmarais and C. Holmgren. Preprint: [pdf]
Older publications (before 2020) can be found here: Old publications
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.