- PhD in Sociology 2008 (Umeå University, Sweden)
- Docent in Social Policy 2015 (Åbo Akademi University, Finland)
- Research Professor 2016-2018 (NOVA, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway)
- Member of Editorial Board Sociology (British Sociological Association)
- Review Editor, Medical Sociology Frontiers
Academic merits: FD, Docent
Keywords: inequality social policy quantitative methods social exclusion computational social science social stratification
Miia Bask is Associate Professor in Sociology and Docent in Social Policy. She is a quantitative sociologist with research interest in social stratification and inequality. In her doctoral dissertation she investigated social exclusion in Sweden. Her postdoctoral research included topics such as the connection between school burnout and school dropout, internalized and externalizing problem behavior in adolescents, parents' education-related expectations and their association to the level of education achieved, as well as theoretically and methodologically oriented studies on inequality-creating mechanisms.
See my website for my CV.
See Google Scholar for citations of my research.
Please contact the directory administrator for the organization (department or similar) to correct possible errors in the information.