Professor vid Institutionen för fysik och astronomi, Kärnfysik
- 018-471 3886
- Ångströmlaboratoriet, Lägerhyddsvägen 1
- Box 516
751 20 UPPSALA
Akademiska meriter: FD
Detta stycke finns inte på svenska, därför visas den engelska versionen.
Name: Per Tord Rune Johansson
Born: February 26, 1951, Gävle, Sweden
Work address: Department of Physics and Astronomy . Uppsala University
Box 516 , S - 751 20 Uppsala, Sweden
1. Higher education qualification
Fil. Kand. (B.Sc.), Uppsala University, May 10, 1974.
2. Degree of Doctor
Fil. Dr. (Ph.D.), Uppsala University, December 20, 1978
Title: Pion production and scattering of medium energy protons from nuclei
Supervisor: Bo Höistad
3. Postdoctoral positions
CERN Research Fellow, May 1978 - April 1981.
4. Qualification required for appointment as a docent
Docent, Uppsala University, January 26, 1982.
5. Present position
Senior Professor, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University, March 2018 –
6. Previous positions and periods of appointments
- Research Associate, The Gustaf Werner Institute, Uppsala University, July 1981 -June 1986.
- CERN Scientific Associate, March 1984 - Oct. 1985.
- Staff Scientist, The Svedberg Laboratory, Uppsala University, July 1986 - Dec. 1989.
- CERN Corresponding Fellow 1988-1990.
- Acting Professor, Dept. of Radiation Sciences, Uppsala University, Jan 1989 - June 1989.
- Associate Professor, the Swedish Natural Science Research Council, Jan 1990 – Dec. 1995.
- Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Radiation Sciences, Uppsala University, Jan 1996 – Jan. 2000
- Professor (promoted), Dept. of Radiation Sciences, Uppsala University,
Feb. 2000 – Nov. 2009
- Professor (chair), Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University, Dec. 2009 – Feb. 2018
7. Publications (WEB of Science)
438 publications in refereed journals, 5231 citations, H-index: 54
Main supervisor of 8 PhD students at Uppsala University
9. Other information of relevance
- Working in international collaborations (WASA-at-COSY, KLOE2, BESIII, PANDA) with advanced 4π
multipurpose detectors at accelerator labs in Germany, Italy and China. Previous experience from
working at CERN, including an 8 years stay.
- Faculty opponent at four doctoral dissertations.
- Holder of a research grants from the Swedish Research Council since 1982.
- Member of following boards:
• Nuclear Physics Section of the Swedish Physical Society 1985 -1987.
• Board for Physics and Mathematics of the Swedish Natural Science Research Council
1992 - 1995.
• Department of Radiation Sciences, Uppsala University, 1997 - 2000.
• The Svedberg Laboratory, Uppsala, 1997 – 2003.
• Management Board, EC FP6 Integrated Infrastructure Initiative,
“HadronPhysics”, 2004 - 2009
• Management Board , EC FP7 Integrated Infrastructure Initiative,
“HadronPhysics2”, 2009 - 2011
• Management Board, EC FP7 Integrated Infrastructure Initiative,
"HadronPhysics3", 2012 - 2014
• Department of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University, 2008 - 2009
• Chair, Tandem Accelerator Laboratory, Uppsala University, 2010 - 2017
• Chair, PANDA Collaboration Board, 2011 – 2015
• Strategy Board, PANDA Collaboration, 2015 -
• Department of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University, 2013 - 2015
- Swedish delegate in the European Council for Future Accelerators (ECFA) 1992 - 1995.
- Scientific secretary of the Program Advisory Committee, The Svedberg Laboratory
- Member of the Program Advisory Committee for COSY, FZ-Jülich, 2001 -2004,
Vice Chairperson 2005 - 2007
- Member of the Review Panel for Astronomy and Subatomic Physics, Committee for
Infrastructures, The Swedish Research Council, 2005 - 2011
- Physics coordinator for the WASA experiment at COSY, FZ-Jülich, 2007
- Member of the Physics Book editorial board for the PANDA experiment, 2007.
- Head, Dept. of Radiation Sciences, Uppsala University, Jan 2000 – 2007.
- Conference chair, 11th Int. Conf. on Low Energy Antiproton Physics, Uppsala, 2013.
- Dean of Physics, Uppsala University, 2015 – 2017
- Member of the ALICE and JLab Upgrade Oversight Committee,
Science and Technology Facilities Council, UK, 2017 -
- Deputy spokesperson, PANDA experiment, FAIR 2017 –
- Promotor, Faculty of Science and Technology, Uppsala University, May, 2017.
- Publications: More than 300 Publications in Refereed Journals and Conference Proceedings
Referee: European Physics Journal A
Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research
Physics Letters B
Zeitschrift für Physik A
Teaching: Teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses at Uppsala University on a regular basis
from 1988 to 2018.
Kontakta katalogansvarig vid den aktuella organisationen (institution eller motsv.) för att rätta ev. felaktigheter.