Universitetslektor vid Matematiska institutionen, Sannolikhetsteori och kombinatorik
Detta stycke finns inte på svenska, därför visas den engelska versionen.
My research area is probability theory and combinatorics, specifically random graphs.
A short presentation of myself is given in the biography field below.
Akademiska meriter: FD, Docent
My specific field of research is random graphs, especially random trees. I defended my PhD thesis “Split Trees, Cuttings and Explosions” in Uppsala in February, 2010 with Prof. Svante Janson as primary supervisor. Thereafter I spent two years abroad on a postdoc fellowship from the Swedish Research Council (VR), the first 8 months at INRIA in Paris with Prof. Philippe Flajolet and Dr Nicolas Broutin and then for 1½ years at Univ of Cambridge with Prof. Béla Bollobás and his group. In August, 2012 I got a tenured position as Assoc. Prof. (Senior Lecturer) at the Department of Mathematics at Stockholm University and from October, 2014 I am a Docent (associate professor) in Mathematics. From August 2015 I am working as docent in mathematics (probability theory and analysis) at the Dept of Mathematics at Uppsala University. In January 2018 I received a Ragnar Söderberg Fellowship based on my score A (highest) evaluation of my project application to the European Research Council with funding for 5 years matching an ERC fellowship.
Competitive External Funding:
- 2023-Grant from Knut and Alice Wallenberg foundation for hiring a postdoc, 1,844,000 SEK
- 2023-Grant for hiring an academic PhD student from WASP (Wallenberg AI, Autonomous systems and Software Program)
- 2022-2025: Four year project grant from the Swedish Research Council (senior researchers), 3,504,000 SEK
- 2018-2022: Five year Swedish Foundation Starting Grant from Ragnar Söderbergs Foundation (full funding for my ERC Starting grant project where I was awarded the highest score A but could not be funded from ERC due to budget constraints),
1,500,000 euros= 15,000,000 SEK
- 2018-2021: Four year project grant from the Swedish Research Council (senior researchers), 3,300,000 SEK
- 2018-2023: Project Grant from Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (shared with Prof Svante Janson and Prof Erik Ekström), 27,500,000 SEK
- 2018: Grant for organising the Analysis of Algorithms conference in June 2018, Swedish Research Council and Marcus Wallenberg Foundation: 397,000 SEK
- 2016-2018: Grant from Knut and Alice Wallenberg foundation for hiring a postdoc, 1,700,000 SEK
- 2013-2016: Four year grant for young researchers from the Swedish Research Council, 3,200,000 SEK
- 2010-2012: Two year Postdoc fellowship from the Swedish Research Council 700,000 SEK
- Scored A (highest) after the step 2 interview (Nov 2022) of my consolidator grant application to the European Research Council
- Ragnar Söderberg Fellowship 2018-22 based on score A (highest) evaluation of my starting grant application to the European Research Council
- Edlundska prize 2020 from Swedish Royal Academy of Science
- Göran Gustafsson prize for young researchers 2020 (in engineering physics, teknisk fysik) from Göran Gustafsson Foundation
- Prize from Ruth and Nils-Erik Stenbäcks Foundation 2021 awarded by The Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters and the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences
Forskning och Framsteg article in Swedish 2020
Forskning och Framsteg article in English 2020
Swedish Research Council journal Curie article in Swedish 2020
Edlundska prize interview in Swedish 2020
Brochure about the Department of Mathematics including an interview with me (in Swedish) 2020
Article about myself and my research by Alma Kirlic in Swedish
Article about myself and my research by Alma Kirlic in English
Ragnar Söderberg interview about my research from the 2017 annual report of the Foundation (in Swedish)
Article about my PhD thesis by Linda Koffmar in Swedish
Ragnar Söderberg Fellow: Description of my ERC project
Description of my Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation project 2016 in Swedish
Description of my Knut and Alice Wallenberg foundation project 2016 in English
Article about my award from Ragnar Söderberg Foundation in Swedish
Article about my award from Ragnar Söderberg Foundation in English
Article about my award from Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation in Swedish
Article about my award from Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation in English
Members of my research group:
Postdocs: Main-advisor of Xing Shi Cai 2017-2021, Fiona Skerman 2017-19, Gabriel Berzunza 2018-2020, Paul Thevenin 2020-2022, Tiffany Lo 2022- and Suman Chakraborty 2022- Co-advisor of Tony Johansson 2017-19, Debleena Thacker 2017-19 and Baptiste Louf.
Guest researcher September 2018-August 2019: Daniel Krenn
Guest Professor: Prof. Stephan Wagner (then at Stellenbosch University, South Africa) was guest Professor at Uppsala University January 2019-June 2019. He has now a tenured position at our Department.
PhD students: Colin Desmarais 2017-2022, Fabian Burghart 2018-2023 and Jakob Lundblad 2023- (main advisor) and Ruoyu Wang 2021- (co-advisor)
Kontakta katalogansvarig vid den aktuella organisationen (institution eller motsv.) för att rätta ev. felaktigheter.